Ingredients:Pate brisée (shortcrust pastry)
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 6 oz. unsalted butter
-1/4 cup chilled coconut oil
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of Banán Chocolate Macadamia Nut Spread
- Macadamia Nuts
1. In a bowl mix all purpose flour, cake flour and salt.
2. In a second bowl, mix butter and coconut oil together.
3. Combine the two bowls, work quickly so the mixture stays cold. Use a pastry cutter, cut into the mixture to break up the butter and coconut solid into pea size.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of ice water into bowl while blending the dough with a fork. The dough should hold together, if it is not, add a couple more droplets of water.
5. Gather dough and turn it onto counter. Press into a rough mass.
6. With the palm of your hand, push and smear about 6 times to mix dough.
7. Form dough into a cake and refrigerate for 2 hrs.
Form the pastry shell for the fruit pizza
1. Take the dough out of fridge and roll flat till it is about 12'' across.
2. Place dough in 10'' round pan and lightly press dough into place. Ensure the sides are sturdy by folding over 1 1/2 inches of the dough down the sides all the way around the edge of the crust.
3. Push the dough up the sides with your thumb to form the rim.
4. Cover the shell with wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
Bake the dough
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Gently line the pastry with foil, pressing it against edges.
3. Bake for 15 mins.
4. Remove foil and then bake for another couple minutes until pastry begins to color.
5. Let it cool before transferring to a serving plate.
Assembling your fruit pizza
1. Gather your fruits
2. In a bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese, honey and vanilla extract together.
3. Spread the mascarpone evenly over the baked crust.
4. Place Banán chocolate macadamia nut spread in the middle and spread around with a knife.
5. Arrange your fruits all over the pizza, creating the finished product.